To learn more, please read our product overview.
Gimmal Records Management manages the entire lifecycle of records and information
Gimmal Records Management software easily manages the entire lifecycle of records and information while ensuring compliance throughout your whole organization. Built upon a single technology platform it offers seamless integration with all of your content repositories to manage all of your organization information regardless of where it lives. Gimmal Records Management also ensures your organization’s most critical and valued information is easily managed and secured in a DoD 5015.2 central repository.
Central rule manager
Use a single web interface to automatically apply classification and retention rules across all platforms
Create flexible multi-phase lifecycles built around user definable triggers, retentions, and actions
In-place or centralized management
Classify and manage information across all platforms and/or move information to a central DoD 5015.2 compliant repository
Eliminate eDiscovery mistakes by placing information or entire case files on legal hold to prevent deletion
Destroy unwanted and obsolete data at the end of the information lifecycle without having to move content to a central repository
Physical records management
Manage physical records alongside electronic documents and records regardless of location or format
Categorize content against a centralized file plan based on similar properties and locations across platforms
Auditing and reporting
Audit all system and record activity and run predefined or custom reports that provide current and historical visibility into the information
Centralized policy management
Ensure your organization’s most valuable information is stored securely. An intuitive file plan tool facilitates the creation, application, and maintenance of record retention policies – no coding required.
- Centralize file plan creation and maintenance
- Set retention schedules based on time, events, or metadata
- Support case-based retention
- Associate the legal basis for retention policies
- Auditable and defensible policy application and execution
- Establish relationships between records
- Create records from emails and attachments
- Create custom review and processing periods, e.g., for vital records review
- Bulk-process record tasks
- Implement persistent legal holds for records or record categories
- Transfer records to outside authority including an audit history archive
- Implement a formal disposition approval process and generate disposal certificates
All of your records, managed consistently
Gimmal Records Management provides comprehensive records management, no matter where your records live. With integrated in-place records management and physical records management, all of your vital business records are secured using a unified policy and common processes and architecture.
- Gain visibility and control over physical records
- Manage records in-place by applying policies directly to content repositories such as SharePoint, Office 365, Exchange, Box, File Shares Documentum, and more.
Classified records support with stringent control
Define and enforce a custom, hierarchical set of security levels to secure records, satisfying the most stringent set of records requirements: DoD Standard 5015.2.
- Implement centralized, highly-granular content type retention rules without the need for complex content type policy associations
- Support classified records and user role-based access levels
- Trigger content actions based upon business events, supporting external workflows and API integration