To learn more, please read our product overview.
Gimmal Document Management for SAP® unlocks and unifies content, data, and processes created or used by SAP and SharePoint
Allow users inside and outside of SAP to collaborate and work on the same document-centric processes. Connect SAP and SharePoint at the content level, the data level, and the workflow level, putting critical business information right where people work.
Unify SAP and SharePoint systems, content, and metadata
Access unstructured SAP content in SharePoint and Office 365
Apply metadata tags to content within SAP from SharePoint
Automatically file documents in appropriate document libraries with both SharePoint and SAP metadata
Improve accessibility with metadata-driven, rich document search through SharePoint and Office 365
Manage your corporate SAP records within SharePoint with Gimmal’s advanced records management capabilities
Office 365 ADG access
Allow usage of Office 365 Advanced Data Governance with your SAP content
Unlimited user access
Support as many SAP users as your company needs
Improve collaboration and productivity
Make documents accessible wherever users work with complete interoperability between SharePoint and SAP. Microsoft platforms are generally pervasive and provide a highly intuitive user experience, making SharePoint an ideal environment through which to merge and deliver transactional information alongside supporting documents.
- Simplify business processes and locate tagged documents in SharePoint
- Improve information governance, compliance, and SAP performance
- Improve processes by removing the risk associated with storing documents in-memory
- Integrate with Gimmal Workplace Compliance to introduce DoD Standard 5015.02-compliant records management to your SAP-related documents
Increase speed to value
By using SharePoint as an ECM for unstructured SAP content, Gimmal Document Management for SAP makes it simpler to access and leverage SAP data, providing for many improvements to efficiency across the digital workplace.
- Deliver process optimizations more quickly by providing IT with access to SAP content, data, and processes
- Improve agility and provide increased responsiveness to constantly changing business needs
- Leverage existing architecture, tools, and resources to gain the ability to configure solutions instead of needing to custom develop them using SAP’s BAPI protocol
- Reduce testing and QA cycles by extracting subsets from SAP
Reduce total cost of ownership
Gimmal Document Management for SAP increases content availability through multiple delivery channels and improves SAP system performance by allowing you to reduce the size of the HANA database by as much as 30-40%. Leveraging Microsoft’s cost-effective Azure/Office 365 storage for documents provides significant storage cost savings.
It also reduces costs associated with training and upgrades and reduces development costs and technical debts associated with customizations. High availability, replication, distribution, and disaster recovery are available via Microsoft Cloud.
Video: Gimmal Document Management for SAP in ten minutes
See Gimmal Document Management for SAP in action! If this video leaves you wanting more information, reach out to schedule a one-on-one demo with one of our product experts.
Document Management for SAP is compatible with the following systems:
- SharePoint 2013
- SharePoint 2016
- SharePoint Online