C&J Energy Services Simplifies Operations by Unifying ERP and SharePoint Content
C&J Energy Services is a leading provider of well construction to the oil and gas industry. One of the largest O&G completion and production organizations in the US, with services ranging across the entire well lifecycle. C&J operates in all major North American offshore basins and is establishing a presence in the Middle East.
STEVEN CARTER - CIO, C&J ENERGY SERVICES
“Simplification is one of our principles, and SharePoint is at the center of our ECM strategy. Building on our existing SharePoint environment avoided the complexity of adding another ECM platform, such as OpenText to our landscape, leveraged our investment in SharePoint and did not require us to add new skills to the IT&S Organization.”
C&J developed a very complex IT architecture to support their various individual product service lines. By the time CIO Steven Carter joined the company in November of 2014, C&J was using seven different systems for financial records alone, and that complexity was beginning to challenge the growth ambitions of the company.
- Simplify unnecessarily complex IT architecture that was hampering scalability
- Store documents related to SAP transactional data simply
- Deploy a solution quickly to coincide with SAP implementation
C&J Energy Services turned to Gimmal to help unify their ERP systems.
Gimmal Link provides a solution with full interoperability between SAP and SharePoint at a minimum cost and impact to business.
With the help of Gimmal Link, C&J Energy Services is now seeing numerous benefits including:
- Reduced count of financial systems of record from 7 to 1 without introducing new complexity
- Unified all relevant business information under SharePoint environment
- Avoided incurring training costs while minimizing deployment time and investment